download poster (We’ll leave poster board in Bristol Hall starting Monday. Folks can take pieces to make their energy-vision posters. We’ll also try to provide a sample poster. Or, make a poster on July 4! We’ll put them up on a clothesline to be viewed.)
In the city where the U.S. began its trajectory to petroleum fuel dependence…
Envision local, clean, peaceful renewable energy!
4to 9 pm • Friday, July 4 • Free
Wings Court in Downtown New Bedford
(Enter the courtyard on Purchase or Union streets)
– Live music
– Large eco-sculptures
– Poetry and ceremony to bless the earth
– Make, post and view posters of local visions for a clean renewable energy future
– Help dig and install a raingarden (and other tasks)
– Information and conversations about biofuels, solar-heated water, weatherization, rainbarrels, low-cost heat, wind energy, bicycling, public transit and more!
– Petition for a city Energy Committee
– Information tables at Summerfest, July 5
4 pm: Bobby Lee
5-7 pm: Sing Out singalong (a First Fridays event) in Bristol Hall, 752 Purchase St.
7 pm: Mark Moniz
8 pm: U.S. SAM
6 pm: Earth-honoring ceremony to bless the earth and our city
6:30 pm: Making and posting energy posters. Digging the Wings Court rain-
garden to treat stormwater (shovels invited). Signing the energy petition.
Hosted by First Fridays, Sustainable SouthCoast, NB Green/Verde,
A.C.C.E.S.S. Art and City Repair Project
Rain location: Bristol Hall, 752 Purchase Street
Volunteers, posters, garden workers and artists needed!
Contact: NewBGreen@gmail.com or 508-999-0691